Monday, March 29, 2010

And then I rambled in a feminist theological strain for a bit.

And other times I really wonder –

that maybe God set me up with an atheist
who doesn't believe in that damned accursèd “complementarianism”
so I could have a space to run around and be free for him.

(and it strikes me as odd that so many men “confessed”
to the sin of not leading in the church –
and the women applauded them?

there's something mighty fucked up about that,
well-intentioned or not.

I think it's the damned accursèd “complementarianism” again.)

My beloved, at least, does not theologically justify
my “submission” to his “will” as my “head” –
(“So what if God told you to go to Africa and Aaron forbid you?
You're supposed to obey your husband.”
Uh … I'd end up in Africa whether Aaron or I liked it or not?)
and funny how in that damned accursèd Complementarianism
the woman always completes the man, and
never vice versa.

(Maybe the man is inferior because his penis is an overgrown clitoris.
Eat that, jerks.)

In any event –

… sometimes I wonder if God set me up with an atheist
so that my beloved would never try to clip my wings
with the words of freedom that I used to spread them.






[And that's what happened after reading a buttload of feminist theology. =P]

No comments: